- Chair – Daphne Jones. email: email@example.com
- Deputy Chair – Harvey Griffiths
- Secretary – VInce Bufton
- Treasurer – Hilary Bufton
- John Barnard
- Ann Dyke
- Jo Phelps
- Rick Summers
- Colin Lloyd
- Dan Robertson – Whitcliffe Ranger
- Carl Pickup – SWT Reserves Manager
The Shropshire Wildlife Trust (SWT) hold a 99 year lease on Whitcliffe Common from Plymouth Settled Estates.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES 1998
Aims and objectives for the management and maintenance of Whitcliffe Common when a 10 year plan was agreed, in 1998, with the Earl of Plymouth Estates. Financial support, for the plan, was given, by the Estate.
- Work to provide an attractive, safe place to visit, walk and enjoy. This to include tree surgery keeping trees safe, silviculture to allow trees to flourish, maintenance of paths and steps to keep them in a good condition, grassland management to improve wildflower growth
- Open up and maintain the lost views overlooking Ludlow giving, not only a vision of the town, but also the background of the Shropshire Hills.
- Provide information for the interest of residents and visitors.
- Keep an awareness of the geological importance of the site.
- Regularly revisit management plans as these can and possibly will change depending on unexpected work and money available.
- Look at the seats placed on Whitcliffe and encourage interest.
- Widen the base of support and interest in Whitcliffe Common, encourage membership and subscriptions.
- Regularly assess achievements.
Whitcliffe is an area of countryside overlooking the town continually used by people. We need to balance natural walking areas with paths for the less able, keeping in mind views of the town, historic importance and wildlife habitat.